Adj. Superb, perfect. “For the lemony, pan-seared garlic chicken with baby spinach and a mashed potato gratin ($21), he suggests the ’97 Edmeades zinfandel, which is a spot-on pairing.” (Los Angeles Magazine, May 2000)/”The vision President Obama laid out in his State of the Union — future forward and focused on winning the clean energy race through innovation, freeing business to compete and investing in research and education — was spot on.” (Huffington Post, January 27, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 924,679 hits
- This semester, I may become an agnostic grader on … deep breath … logical punctuation. 5 hours ago
- So hot at #USOpen2014 that they're playing like it's 1999. Aka slow. 9 hours ago
- Don't know if you heard it but I thought the Joe Queenan piece on @npr was pure bs 9 hours ago
- RT @theferocity: wut RT @Thibaultnyc: Why the Upper East Side is now cooler than Brooklyn @adalgut shar.es/11GLME via @TomTeodorczuk 9 hours ago
- RT @RoyPeterClark: @byagoda @craigtimes @JMitchellNews @jayrosen_nyu Curating the details of life to find the most interesting and/or impor… 12 hours ago