Adj. Superb, perfect. “For the lemony, pan-seared garlic chicken with baby spinach and a mashed potato gratin ($21), he suggests the ’97 Edmeades zinfandel, which is a spot-on pairing.” (Los Angeles Magazine, May 2000)/”The vision President Obama laid out in his State of the Union — future forward and focused on winning the clean energy race through innovation, freeing business to compete and investing in research and education — was spot on.” (Huffington Post, January 27, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 921,776 hits
- You had me at "hullo": britishisms.wordpress.com/2014/08/29/hul… 19 hours ago
- Breaking down girl-on-girl platonic "girlfriend" chronicle.com/blogs/linguafr… 21 hours ago
- It's not your father's "let's move in together." bustle.com/articles/31683… 1 day ago
- I just got an e-mail from an American that started, "Hullo." @Fritinancy @lynneguist 2 days ago
- "Jerry-built" #BeyondLimn nytimes.com/2014/08/27/boo… 2 days ago