Adj. Superb, perfect. “For the lemony, pan-seared garlic chicken with baby spinach and a mashed potato gratin ($21), he suggests the ’97 Edmeades zinfandel, which is a spot-on pairing.” (Los Angeles Magazine, May 2000)/”The vision President Obama laid out in his State of the Union — future forward and focused on winning the clean energy race through innovation, freeing business to compete and investing in research and education — was spot on.” (Huffington Post, January 27, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 900,079 hits
- Huzzah! @JamesWolcott wins Pen Award for all the great stuff he has penned washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-bl… 22 hours ago
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan, Lena Dunham as ???? insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/30/all… 22 hours ago
- RT @BBBaumgartner: The absolute joy from the fans in Dodger Stadium last night upon hearing that Vin Scully will return: priceless. Best in… 23 hours ago
- Sondheim, in acknowledgments to "Finishing the Hat," thanks Anna Quindlen for telling him, "Punctuation is everything." 1 day ago
- "songs which either commented on the action … or *were* the action, like 'Barcelona,'--but never *part* of the action."--S. Sondheim (2/2) 1 day ago