Adj. Superb, perfect. “For the lemony, pan-seared garlic chicken with baby spinach and a mashed potato gratin ($21), he suggests the ’97 Edmeades zinfandel, which is a spot-on pairing.” (Los Angeles Magazine, May 2000)/”The vision President Obama laid out in his State of the Union — future forward and focused on winning the clean energy race through innovation, freeing business to compete and investing in research and education — was spot on.” (Huffington Post, January 27, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 735,294 hits
- Hitch's "Blackmail" on @tcm. Can't believe I haven't seen this before. 4 hours ago
- The superb "Drama High" named one of top 10 books of 2013 MT @michaelsokolove: Thanks, @usatoday usatoday.com/story/life/boo… 5 hours ago
- On the origins of "pervy" @delucadan britishisms.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/per… 6 hours ago
- RT @emmagkeller: I started reading the NYT piece on NYC homeless children 3 hours ago and am still going. It is shocking. http://t.co/tradm… 12 hours ago
- 'Tis the season for this awesome piece of scholarship: Nate Bloom's "The Jews Who Wrote Christmas Songs" interfaithfamily.com/arts_and_enter… 12 hours ago