Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,065,342 hits
- RT @elongreen: Gay Talese's 1965 profile of Sheriff Jim Clark has a startling opener. http://t.co/5Qv6AbloZZ 1 hour ago
- RT @TroyEricG: The cutest faces & most interesting jobs you will ever see. | Meet Britain’s most heroic dogs gu.com/p/46bdb/stw http://… 1 hour ago
- That is from "Aba Daba Honeymoon" (1914), a Debbie Reynolds hit in '51. T. Pynchon called it "the nadir of all American expression." (2/2) 1 hour ago
- "Aba daba daba daba daba daba dab, Said the chimpie to the monk; Baba daba daba daba daba daba dab, Said the monkey to the chimp." (1/2) 2 hours ago
- If you (like me) find it funny that there's a candy called "Plopp," read this by @Fritinancy stronglang.wordpress.com/2015/03/04/fee… 3 hours ago