Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,249,942 hits
- Why do people say “happy belated birthday” when they mean “belated happy birthday”? 1 day ago
- “Done and dusted,” done and dusted. britishisms.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/don… @Jan__Freeman @ElinorLipman @Fritinancy 1 day ago
- Was that a real accent by Jacques Pepin on @NPRWeekend @nprscottsimon? I have my doubts. 3 days ago
- I Have Eyes For Only You #grammaticalsongtitles 3 days ago
- I never correct people’s grammar—except (as just happened) when someone says to a child, “It’s ‘I feel badly,’ not ‘I feel bad.’" 4 days ago