Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,583,846 hits
- What’s with the @CBSSportsNet announcer and “made bucket”? A bucket is by definition a made bucket. @jensenoffcampus 4 hours ago
- A student writes that a bookcase “dons hundreds of books.” That’s a use of “don” I’ve been seeing more and more. 9 hours ago
- Et tu @nytimes ? #anthimeria @Fritinancy https://t.co/olQbXM7fQ2 10 hours ago
- Check out what I found on my office door today. Have I got the greatest students, or what? https://t.co/SdDPvLsZDq 2 days ago
- Geez, I don’t know, stumps me, we’ll just chalk it up to one of life’s great mysteries. @UpshotNYT https://t.co/JSLdsXs1ml 3 days ago