Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,446,804 hits
- It's surprising who's watching #SpellingBee and who's watching #NBAPlayoffs Actually, it isn't. 8 hours ago
- Missing @ReggieMillerTNT in the booth. He's a real person. Webber sounds like somebody's idea of what a color man should sound like. 8 hours ago
- Always great to hear @JaneMayerNYer on @nprfreshair 14 hours ago
- Does @nytimes treat “Taliban”—and any other collective nouns—as a plural? britishisms.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/plu… @lynneguist https://t.co/bc5aOOzclK 17 hours ago
- tfw one of your heroes as a writer answers a presumptuous question in the most prompt, generous and helpful way. 20 hours ago