Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,222,540 hits
- RT @lynneguist: Reflections on (and by) Oliver Sacks as a writer by @byagoda: chronicle.com/blogs/linguafr… 18 hours ago
- “The day you can’t tell jokes about Guy Fieri, comedy as we know it is dead."--Anthony Bourdain greatideas.people.com/2015/09/02/ant… 1 day ago
- Anagram of Denali is "denial." 1 day ago
- O. Sacks "On the Move" quotes transitive verb "impact" (w/out "on") from a 1970 letter. @OED has no cites (w/out "on"). Anything earlier? 2 days ago
- Can we get a moratorium on "The Kids Are Alright" headlines? 2 days ago