My word for the many, many (, many) comments that have come in since BBC.com featured NOOBs in Cordelia Hebblethwaite’s excellent piece about Britishisms in American English. I have to approve them all before they’re posted, and they are so generally clever and well-written that I don’t want to rush the process–that it, I read them all and comment on some. I’m only about halfway through, the redundancy (not in the British sense) is my fault, not the commenters’.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,580,369 hits
- Being HUD secretary isn't brain surgery. IT ISN'T BRAIN SURGERY!! 21 hours ago
- RT @Longreads: When Mary Martin Was the Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up. lgrd.co/2gulKB8 @byagoda #longreads https://t.co/rBWfk1TJQu 21 hours ago
- Johnny Carson would make a better HUD secretary. As would Ben Kingsley. 1 day ago
- Norah Jones: "the Grapevine, Texas-born daughter of Ravi Shankar." That missing comma bother you @BCDreyer @TheSlot @MaryNorrisTNY ? 1 day ago
- RT @bgzimmer: .@byagoda on "buttercup," "snowflake," and other mocking epithets of the moment. chronicle.com/blogs/linguafr… 1 day ago