So why did the New York Times use this Britishism in its headline referencing Cash’s song?
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,532,713 hits
- Hey @PeterSokolowski are “shimmy” lookups spiking? 35 minutes ago
- RT @andybechtel: Great opportunity for students interested in editing. twitter.com/copyeditors/st… 5 hours ago
- Getting to "lie": @nytimes' road to using that word about Trump in news coverage. In retrospect it seems inevitable. chronicle.com/blogs/linguafr… 6 hours ago
- This controversy will never die! Or I guess it will when all the "mike" people have died. twitter.com/mashedradish/s… 6 hours ago
- RT @caleb_crain: “His conservative partners believed either that he was not serious or that they could exert a moderating influence.” https… 6 hours ago