Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,446,406 hits
- Always great to hear @JaneMayerNYer on @nprfreshair 40 minutes ago
- Does @nytimes treat “Taliban”—and any other collective nouns—as a plural? britishisms.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/plu… @lynneguist https://t.co/bc5aOOzclK 3 hours ago
- tfw one of your heroes as a writer answers a presumptuous question in the most prompt, generous and helpful way. 6 hours ago
- RT @heidilande: #linguafranca: @byagoda traces 'pivot’ from noun to political metaphor. shar.es/1dyYxv via @chronicle 7 hours ago
- Used to be able to message up to 50 LinkedIn contacts by tag. Can’t seem to do it now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 23 hours ago