On vacation. Often it seems that the whole world is on holiday as you drive in heavy traffic. (Cherokee County Herald, December 15, 1998)/Apparently Art Conn has been on holiday while the rest of the cast, Jeff Wellington and Susan DeJesus, were rehearsing.(Clarksville [Miss.] Leaf Chronicle, January 28, 2011. Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,533,194 hits
- RT @pinkgrammar: Job(s) alert! The NYT social media team is looking for 2 editors. Happy to answer any Qs if you'd like to apply. https://t… 17 hours ago
- RT @BrianPHickey: Dear Media, enough with the mean stories about Trump not paying contractors. I challenge you to find someone he DID pay.… 17 hours ago
- Hey @PeterSokolowski are “shimmy” lookups spiking? 19 hours ago
- RT @andybechtel: Great opportunity for students interested in editing. twitter.com/copyeditors/st… 1 day ago
- Getting to "lie": @nytimes' road to using that word about Trump in news coverage. In retrospect it seems inevitable. chronicle.com/blogs/linguafr… 1 day ago