Noun. Controversy, commotion. From the Scots “curfuffle.” “The kerfuffle began when the American bloke in the striped tie tried to prove he was not a poppy by stopping at a pub and shouting for some cold ones.” (Maureen Dowd, New York Times, April 30, 1989)/”Ricky Gervais Globes-hosting kerfuffle does not move ratings needle.” (Washington Post headline, January 11, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,582,211 hits
- Geez, I don’t know, stumps me, we’ll just chalk it up to one of life’s great mysteries. @UpshotNYT https://t.co/JSLdsXs1ml 22 hours ago
- Being HUD secretary isn't brain surgery. IT ISN'T BRAIN SURGERY!! 2 days ago
- RT @Longreads: When Mary Martin Was the Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up. lgrd.co/2gulKB8 @byagoda #longreads https://t.co/rBWfk1TJQu 2 days ago
- Johnny Carson would make a better HUD secretary. As would Ben Kingsley. 2 days ago
- Norah Jones: "the Grapevine, Texas-born daughter of Ravi Shankar." That missing comma bother you @BCDreyer @TheSlot @MaryNorrisTNY ? 3 days ago