Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,134,148 hits
- "Jaws" opened forty years ago. I was living in Cape Cod, but even so I was more excited by "Nashville" and "Shampoo." #ThatshowIrolled 6 hours ago
- RT @paulcoxon: John Nash's PhD thesis was 27 pages long & only had 2 references, 1 of which was his own paper princeton.edu/mudd/news/faq/… http:/… 8 hours ago
- I took a random quiz called "What Quiz Are You?" and got Random Quiz! 8 hours ago
- Catching up with this brilliant Calvin Trillin essay, and wondering why in the world it didn't appear in @NewYorker nytimes.com/2015/02/15/mag… 2 days ago
- "America" and "American Tune": double dose of #PaulSimon on the New American Songbook. thenewamericansongbook.org/2015/05/22/ame… 3 days ago