Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,611,533 hits
- "In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart"-A. Frank. "I believe that people are more good than bad"-Obama 6 hours ago
- "The paint" worked for many years as a basketball term of art. So why is it now always "the painted area"? 6 hours ago
- "We Shall Overcomb" (from @LucyBerrington Facebook feed) #protestsigns 6 hours ago
- RT @ggreeneva: Two minds. Compare. Contrast. What have we lost … https://t.co/t7SmgHbcB0 7 hours ago
- RT @bjnovak: These are a few of my favorite things in L.A. twitter.com/ManRepeller/st… 10 hours ago