Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,303,023 hits
- #BobDylan joins the New American Songbook with an unexpected choice. thenewamericansongbook.org/2015/11/24/sin… 4 days ago
- Alexa Gahan on the #Thighbrow trend thefeaturewell.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/thi… 5 days ago
- In all my years of living in these United States, I have never seen anything like this Trump thing. 5 days ago
- From "My Brilliant Career," 1901. #lessisokay https://t.co/TTtIOltXzH 5 days ago
- Very British "range" in an American ad. @lynneguist @Fritinancy @Jan__Freeman https://t.co/QpKb2eA4wX 5 days ago