Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,085,806 hits
- One of the all-time radio greats RT @BillThomas56: Vin Scelsa Announces His Retirement | WFUV Radio wfuv.org/blog/vin-scels… via @wfuv 2 hours ago
- Could Jemaine Clement please do us all a favor and legally change his name to "Jermaine"? 2 hours ago
- I'll unfollow you anywhere. 22 hours ago
- It is a fact, never to be denied, that I saw The Basie Band. 23 hours ago
- First appearance of @Carole_King on the New American Songbook is for "Up On the Roof." There will be more King. thenewamericansongbook.org/2015/03/28/up-… 1 day ago