Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,426,929 hits
- Obama’s “queue-fuffle.” And in reference to the $20 “note,” introducing the EVE—Elegant Variation Effect @lynneguist britishisms.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/que… 2 hours ago
- Ooooh, Bobby. Dylan sings “All the Way” youtu.be/zPuyT6EtRQ0 5 hours ago
- University of Delaware Trump supporters feel the burn finds @kerriwhelan12 campaign2016blog.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/ud-… 6 hours ago
- Possibly the greatest thing I’ve ever heard. h/t @MorningEdition twitter.com/MorningEdition… 8 hours ago
- RT @BoehmLisa: Journalist who profiled Melania Trump hit with barrage of antisemitic abuse gu.com/p/4tmx6/stw 9 hours ago