Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,169,918 hits
- How 'bout a Seinfeld-esque mantra for action movies: No explosions, no torture... 3 hours ago
- Berlin, Fields, Ira, Oscar, Yip, Mercer or Porter? Take a stand @PeterSokolowski! 6 hours ago
- The Prose Stylings of Antonin Scalia (with promised Ring Lardner quote) #applesauce #askahhippie @ammonshea chronicle.com/blogs/linguafr… 1 day ago
- Any day I get to quote #RingLardner is a good day. See result tomorrow at @chronicle Lingua Franca blog. (Bonus: more jiggery-pokery-iana) 2 days ago
- ATMs? ATM's? A.T.M.'s? ... This Greek crisis's got me pondering @Mededitor @hfuhrmann 2 days ago