Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,492,214 hits
- Good luck Trump finding a little boy with a combover. twitter.com/voxdotcom/stat… 4 hours ago
- A line the Dems should use again: All his life, Trump has never done a thing for anyone other than himself. 4 hours ago
- Wait, there's three more nights? 5 hours ago
- "Gay and shtraight..." 5 hours ago
- And THAT'S why you don't use the passive voice. (We'll talk "whom" later.) twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 5 hours ago