Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,358,845 hits
- I feel like David Brooks is taking the @nytimes money to write a column explaining that ice cream is tasty. 13 hours ago
- Is there an unlimited number of Plumlees? @espn 1 day ago
- How many years ago was it--II, V, X--that #TheBigGame abandoned Roman Numerals? 2 days ago
- You know who I pick first for my team on this floor? @Money23Green #notwatchingthoseclownsdebate 3 days ago
- RT @NickKristof: Trump finally expresses a position with passion and sincerity: the right of eminent domain to evict widows for private bui… 3 days ago