Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,196,833 hits
- x ray, X ray, x-ray, or X-ray? @chronicle chronicle.com/blogs/linguafr… 6 hours ago
- RT @hangingnoodles: Obama is correct We're Facing a Global Marshmallow Test bit.ly/1sasq4Y twitter.com/byagoda/status… 6 hours ago
- "There is no plan B." #quoteoftheday @POTUS 7 hours ago
- I enjoyed this interview with @theatertalk @riverheadbooks twitter.com/cunytv/status/… 1 day ago
- Which @NPR host said "That was so fun " three times in twelve minutes? 2 days ago