Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,444,459 hits
- Well played, @riverheadbooks twitter.com/lynneguist/sta… 5 hours ago
- When did Obama's "pivot" to Asia strategy pivot to "rebalance"? 17 hours ago
- Are Pennsylvania and Florida the only places where license plates are called “auto tags”? 1 day ago
- What two current books by journalists were given their titles by George W. Bush? 3 days ago
- “Wecall.” Wespect. twitter.com/KatieBoehret/s… 3 days ago