Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,217,913 hits
- Will "Go back to Univision" achieve the catchphrase status of "hiking the Appalachian Trail" and "I am paying for this microphones"? 3 days ago
- Remember when D***** T**** was the "short-fingered vulgarian"? 3 days ago
- RT @stronglang: Sweary links #13 stronglang.wordpress.com/2015/08/26/swe… http://t.co/VvnmygXLRj 4 days ago
- One blatant lie that I hope @realDonaldTrump gets called on is that @jorgeramosnews was "screaming." He never raised his voice. @pkcapitol 4 days ago
- Jerry Seinfeld, Oprah Winfrey, Elvis Costello, Condi Rice, Ron Howard, Denzel Washington, Chris Evert, Sonia Sotomayor, Angela Merkel, me 4 days ago