Adj. Superb, perfect. “For the lemony, pan-seared garlic chicken with baby spinach and a mashed potato gratin ($21), he suggests the ’97 Edmeades zinfandel, which is a spot-on pairing.” (Los Angeles Magazine, May 2000)/”The vision President Obama laid out in his State of the Union — future forward and focused on winning the clean energy race through innovation, freeing business to compete and investing in research and education — was spot on.” (Huffington Post, January 27, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,065,632 hits
- RT @BlackLarryKing: Happy birthday to the great Steadman Graham, longtime companion of my dear friend Gayle King 3 hours ago
- RT @elongreen: Gay Talese's 1965 profile of Sheriff Jim Clark has a startling opener. http://t.co/5Qv6AbloZZ 9 hours ago
- RT @TroyEricG: The cutest faces & most interesting jobs you will ever see. | Meet Britain’s most heroic dogs gu.com/p/46bdb/stw http://… 9 hours ago
- That is from "Aba Daba Honeymoon" (1914), a Debbie Reynolds hit in '51. T. Pynchon called it "the nadir of all American expression." (2/2) 10 hours ago
- "Aba daba daba daba daba daba dab, Said the chimpie to the monk; Baba daba daba daba daba daba dab, Said the monkey to the chimp." (1/2) 10 hours ago