Noun. Television host or personality. “In dialect, [“rip”] is a combining form for expressions like rip-stave, rip-snort and the airheaded television presenter’s rip-‘n’-read.” (William Safire, New York Times, October 31, 1999)/“Two-times Super Bowl winner [Deion] Sanders, now a popular television presenter, played as a kick and punt returner, cornerback and later a wide receiver.” (Los Angeles Times, February 6, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,578,517 hits
- RT @DanielNester: 65,250,336 to 62,686,062. 48.1% to 46.2% Hillary now leads Trump by 2,564,274 votes. 1 day ago
- Finally catching up with "The Night Of." Boy does Richard Price know cops. Or a convincing facsimile thereof. 1 day ago
- Never thought I would see that combination of shrewdness, stupidity and evil on the national stage, much less the highest office in the land 1 day ago
- University of Delaware rally in support of vulnerable members of our community. Come on out! https://t.co/7mrMBMnBXh 1 day ago
- Is J. J. Redick trying to look like Adam Levine, or vice versa? https://t.co/UDQ3W1ySuP 2 days ago