Noun. Cooking, damn it. “…foods that seem to lend themselves most naturally to no-salt cookery are tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and eggplants.” (Craig Claiborne, New York Times, February 18 1981)/”…the volume is bolstered by essays on the role of African Americans in the evolution of American cookery …” (USA Today, February 15, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,532,509 hits
- RT @andybechtel: Great opportunity for students interested in editing. twitter.com/copyeditors/st… 45 minutes ago
- Getting to "lie": @nytimes' road to using that word about Trump in news coverage. In retrospect it seems inevitable. chronicle.com/blogs/linguafr… 1 hour ago
- This controversy will never die! Or I guess it will when all the "mike" people have died. twitter.com/mashedradish/s… 1 hour ago
- RT @caleb_crain: “His conservative partners believed either that he was not serious or that they could exert a moderating influence.” https… 1 hour ago
- RT @kenfinkel: Sadie Rae has the incredibly rare Sanfilippo Syndrome. Touching story by Maria Yagoda in People Magazine out today. https://… 15 hours ago