Noun. Cooking, damn it. “…foods that seem to lend themselves most naturally to no-salt cookery are tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and eggplants.” (Craig Claiborne, New York Times, February 18 1981)/”…the volume is bolstered by essays on the role of African Americans in the evolution of American cookery …” (USA Today, February 15, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,582,211 hits
- Geez, I don’t know, stumps me, we’ll just chalk it up to one of life’s great mysteries. @UpshotNYT https://t.co/JSLdsXs1ml 22 hours ago
- Being HUD secretary isn't brain surgery. IT ISN'T BRAIN SURGERY!! 2 days ago
- RT @Longreads: When Mary Martin Was the Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up. lgrd.co/2gulKB8 @byagoda #longreads https://t.co/rBWfk1TJQu 2 days ago
- Johnny Carson would make a better HUD secretary. As would Ben Kingsley. 2 days ago
- Norah Jones: "the Grapevine, Texas-born daughter of Ravi Shankar." That missing comma bother you @BCDreyer @TheSlot @MaryNorrisTNY ? 3 days ago