Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,135,339 hits
- RT @BrianPHickey: Got this letter in 1996. It helps explain why I'll never stop writing. http://t.co/Z8OMpYHvmK 21 hours ago
- "Jaws" opened forty years ago. I was living in Cape Cod, but even so I was more excited by "Nashville" and "Shampoo." #ThatshowIrolled 1 day ago
- RT @paulcoxon: John Nash's PhD thesis was 27 pages long & only had 2 references, 1 of which was his own paper princeton.edu/mudd/news/faq/… http:/… 1 day ago
- I took a random quiz called "What Quiz Are You?" and got Random Quiz! 1 day ago
- Catching up with this brilliant Calvin Trillin essay, and wondering why in the world it didn't appear in @NewYorker nytimes.com/2015/02/15/mag… 3 days ago