Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,358,915 hits
- I feel like David Brooks is taking the @nytimes money to write a column explaining that ice cream is tasty. 17 hours ago
- Is there an unlimited number of Plumlees? @espn 1 day ago
- How many years ago was it--II, V, X--that #TheBigGame abandoned Roman Numerals? 2 days ago
- You know who I pick first for my team on this floor? @Money23Green #notwatchingthoseclownsdebate 3 days ago
- RT @NickKristof: Trump finally expresses a position with passion and sincerity: the right of eminent domain to evict widows for private bui… 3 days ago