Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,304,211 hits
- RT @keranews: Mercer->Sinatra->Dylan: listen to songbook classics/artists ref'd in @byagoda's The B Side on 'Think' now https://t.co/oIA1TZ… 2 hours ago
- RT @LAReviewofBooks: "Clive James's stature as a literary journalist and cultural critic ought to endure." ow.ly/Vfs5J https://… 5 hours ago
- The fate of the earth hangs in the balance. And that’s an optimistic view. #ParisClimateConference 8 hours ago
- Three days late, I'm thankful for @jonathanwnyc 1 day ago
- #BobDylan joins the New American Songbook with an unexpected choice. thenewamericansongbook.org/2015/11/24/sin… 6 days ago