Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,247,385 hits
- Was that a real accent by Jacques Pepin on @NPRWeekend @nprscottsimon? I have my doubts. 1 day ago
- I Have Eyes For Only You #grammaticalsongtitles 1 day ago
- I never correct people’s grammar—except (as just happened) when someone says to a child, “It’s ‘I feel badly,’ not ‘I feel bad.’" 2 days ago
- #nomacarthurforme #didntwantoneanyway #itsallwhoyouknow 5 days ago
- RT @dfallik: Thanks to our fab @UDelaware journalism crew! Great job over the past 3 days. Check it out at storify.com/udfallik/ud-at… #udelpope 6 days ago