Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,494,366 hits
- That seven-almond thing? It was a joke. Proving that even in “being sarcastic,” @POTUS whups Trump @RoyPeterClark twitter.com/nytimes/status… 3 hours ago
- RT @wootBre: Kaine: you think I should do my trump impression in the speech? Hillary: no Obama: no Bill: no Biden: yeah man, yeah, that's g… 17 hours ago
- Now Obama can taste that post-speech almond. 17 hours ago
- RT @theonlyadult: No president has endured more hate than Barack Obama. He never allowed it get into his heart. He is what great about Amer… 17 hours ago
- RT @PGourevitch: Remember? This is how trump launched his political career twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 17 hours ago