Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,060,449 hits
- There is precisely 0 difference for 'Nova (or anyone) betw last 1 seed and first 2 seed. Right @jensenoffcampus @BoopStats @HoopsWeiss ? 7 hours ago
- Please come see (and hear) me @SpeakEasy_House on Varick St in NYC 2/9, 8 PM citywinery.com/newyork/houseo… 1 day ago
- RT @voxdotcom: What linguists say about Kevin Spacey's bizarre Southern accent on House of Cards vox.com/e/7883870?utm_… http://t.co/2KtmG5i… 1 day ago
- What's all this about a special day for Kelsey Grammer? 1 day ago
- Exchange betw @terryteachout and @zinoman brings to mind Paul Simon's 50-year-old query, "Is the theater really dead?" 1 day ago