Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,083,720 hits
- RT @carlzimmer: Four days left to apply for $5,000 @ScienceWriting grad school fellowship! casw.org/casw/graduate-… 1 day ago
- Come on, @nprgreene, let the football-playing math guy explain his paper. We can handle it. 1 day ago
- RT @RobTornoe: HA! Villanova’s crying piccolo girl plays with The Roots on ‘Fallon’ philly.com/philly/blogs/t… http://t.co/0ZxvQNBZhh 2 days ago
- Someone who really likes the word "fully" is @lenadunham britishisms.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/len… 3 days ago
- Got to fix my search history so "Kottke geese farts" doesn't show up first. 3 days ago