Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,108,047 hits
- Make sure to check out some of @Letterman 's last appearances. At one time he reinvented irony. Now he's doing new things with sincerity. 1 day ago
- What would really be noteworthy would be if haters didn't hate. 1 day ago
- “I started writing sophomoric articles for the college paper. Luckily, I was a sophomore.”--Anne Lamott, "Bird By Bird" 1 day ago
- RT @annaleighclark: Great data visualization: how trees reflects income inequality: beltmag.com/money-trees/ I'm loving @belt_magazine's spec… 1 day ago
- Are there any common contractions with two apostrophes other than I'd've, he'd've, etc.? 1 day ago