Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,554,596 hits
- USA Today on Carson Wentz's calm demeanor: he's "nonplussed." 21 hours ago
- I like a man who's confident enough to wear a wool hat with a beanie on top. thumb.usatodaysportsimages.com/image/thumb/11… https://t.co/Begn2O01CN 1 day ago
- "Abbi Jacobson Imagines What's in the Bags of Oprah, Kanye and Donald Trump" by @mariayagoda people.com/style/abbi-jac… @people 2 days ago
- No offense but this to call this dime-store psychiatry would overestimate it by about 7 cents. nytimes.com/2016/10/26/us/… 2 days ago
- For your daily fix of awwww @BrianPHickey twitter.com/cbfowler/statu… 2 days ago