Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 595,597 hits
- RT @Fritinancy: The BBC interviewed @lynneguist and @byagoda on #britishisms in AmE. Listen here: …atedbyacommonlanguage.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/ben-ya… 18 hours ago
- RT @NYTOnIt: And The Times is ON IT. RT @nytimes: Some people really do eat lotions and body washes that smell good enough to eat: http://t… 19 hours ago
- Thanks for a great interview on KCUI about "How to Not Write Bad" @BDeMarcoBarrett 1 day ago
- A Not-One-Off #Britishisms appearance by @carr2n, with an intriguing use of "fit" britishisms.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/fit/ 1 day ago
- RT @DomenicoNBC: Weiner's kick off ad is all about NYC. Christine Quinn's notes she grew up in... Glen Cove, L.I. BC what NYer doesn't love… 1 day ago