So why did the New York Times use this Britishism in its headline referencing Cash’s song?
Top Posts & Pages
- 588,115 hits
- "I consider every single song by Joni Mitchell to be part of the American songbook"--Jonathan Schwartz 12 hours ago
- "But Wait, There's Mohr" (funnyman Jay Mohr plots a comeback) #hedneedsstory 16 hours ago
- Me too! RT @RachelSenn: "Hey, what's a good song on your workout playlist?" Sorry dude, I listen to @onthemedia at the gym. #dontjudgeme 16 hours ago
- If your writing has a wordiness problem, put up a sign where you work: "It's the economy, stupid" 2 days ago
- The @BBCr4today piece on Britishisms in US with me and @lynneguist now skedded for Wed. Bumped by "Breaking news" (aka Becks bombshell?) 2 days ago