Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 592,211 hits
- RT @DomenicoNBC: Weiner's kick off ad is all about NYC. Christine Quinn's notes she grew up in... Glen Cove, L.I. BC what NYer doesn't love… 59 minutes ago
- Wait. Does Anthony Weiner really say "It's getting harder and harder every day" in his comeback video? Please advise. 1 hour ago
- Here's @lynneguist and I talking about #britishisms on @bbcr4today bbc.in/16NN0mr Brilliant! 3 hours ago
- My sense is "might" implies not uncertainty but conditionality--If Jim is there, I might (not may) go to the party #ACESchat 17 hours ago
- "in" v "on" talk reminds me that on is making great headway online, e.g an article "on Slate" #ACESchat 17 hours ago