Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 895,042 hits
- Can I TM "d'uhh!!" as slap to the head realization that I said/did something stupid? 44 minutes ago
- "Cancel" means different ( opposite?) things in different online contexts. #duh 48 minutes ago
- I could hide it in the attic I could bury it in static I could only put it out in Japan 50 minutes ago
- To what extent do y'all encounter British/Aussie intensifier "fully," as in "You should fully quit"?(from @urbandictionary) @lynneguist 2 hours ago
- When I see a famous person's photo with a quote in the background, I believe the quote is bogus till proven otherwise. @QuoteResearch 3 hours ago