Back in April, I did some crowdsourcing, asking readers to vote on future NOOBs entries. The winner was twee, which I dutifully explored. Many of the (now more than 400) comments on my Slate piece last week nominated specific Britishisms for consideration, so I thought another poll was in order.
Top Posts & Pages
- 961,072 hits
- This verse I started seems to me The Tin-Pantithesis of a melody So spare us all the pain, Just skip the darn thing and sing the refrain. 12 hours ago
- And: I feel a sudden urge to sing The kind of ditty that invokes the spring. I'll control my desire to curse While you crucify the verse. 12 hours ago
- I hate parading my serenading As I'll probably miss a bar But if this ditty is not so pretty At least it'll tell you how great you are(2/2) 12 hours ago
- To wit: At words poetic I'm so pathetic That I always have found it best Instead of getting it off my chest To let 'em rest unexpressed 12 hours ago
- Into the Twitter phase of my paper-grading procrastination. Always a good phase. 13 hours ago