Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 920,099 hits
- I just got an e-mail from an American that started, "Hullo." @Fritinancy @lynneguist 5 hours ago
- "Jerry-built" #BeyondLimn nytimes.com/2014/08/27/boo… 5 hours ago
- Medical student just e-mailed me to ask if I would read and suggest editorial changes to his residency application. Is this now the world? 9 hours ago
- RT @mattzollerseitz: Tribute to the dead. I can't believe some of these people are gone. What a cruel year. 2 days ago
- Mr @jessesheidlower , any light you can shed on the first #fashionista in @OED ? chronicle.com/blogs/linguafr… 6 days ago