Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 821,737 hits
- RT @BGruetzmacher: When I Was a Boy of Fourteen, My Father Was So Ignorant...... quoteinvestigator.com/2010/10/10/twa… 4 hours ago
- I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶r̶b̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶r̶b̶ ̶M̶E̶?̶@Shteyngart 2 days ago
- Listening to "It Amazes Me" on repeat shuffle on Spotify. It amazes me how great that Coleman-Leigh song is. Plus, "I Walk a Little Faster." 2 days ago
- Behold @mariayagoda on the Muff'N'Joe (coffee-blended muffin, natch): insatiable-critic.com/Article.aspx?i… 2 days ago
- Just got an e-mail from a student asking if someone's major (e.g chemistry) and year (sophomore) are capitalized in @APStylebook #FTW 2 days ago