Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 794,924 hits
- Dude with a theory about Wes Anderson #nawImgood 1 day ago
- Attn @jessesheidlower @StevenLevy @bgzimmer RT @elements: A short history of "hack," by @byagoda newyorker.com/online/blogs/e… 1 day ago
- Strikeout-based typographical humor is the best humor. 2 days ago
- Note to self: try to work word "lest" into active vocabulary. 2 days ago
- < one month to go till Adam Begley's "Updike" #psyched 2 days ago