Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 824,419 hits
- Feel lucky to turn on the TV, and find Marv Albert and @SteveKerrTNT calling a playoff game. @TheJetOnTNT and Charles at the 1/2 of course. 5 hours ago
- RT @billclinton: Sending my best to Bob Dole as he visits all 105 counties in Kansas. An incredible tour for an incredible public servant. … 12 hours ago
- The trend of people listing things, and raising their voice an octave in each item: this-THIS, and this-THIS, and this-THIS. 16 hours ago
- RT @penguinpress: Basketball fans: join @UKCoachCalipari for a Q&A on @facebook today at 1pm! Ask about #PlayersFirst, @KentuckyMBB... http… 16 hours ago
- Yay @ruth_franklin ! 1 day ago