Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 924,432 hits
- RT @RoyPeterClark: @byagoda @craigtimes @JMitchellNews @jayrosen_nyu Curating the details of life to find the most interesting and/or impor… 3 hours ago
- RT @JMitchellNews: @byagoda @RoyPeterClark @craigtimes @jayrosen_nyu Comforting the afflicted & afflicting the comfortable. 3 hours ago
- RT @jayrosen_nyu: @byagoda @RoyPeterClark @craigtimes @JMitchellNews "I'm there, you're not, let me tell you about it." (+ variations.) htt… 3 hours ago
- RT @MaryAnnRoseMD: @byagoda @RoyPeterClark @craigtimes @JMitchellNews @jayrosen_nyu Telling the truth, even when it's hard. 3 hours ago
- RT @craigtimes: @byagoda @RoyPeterClark @JMitchellNews @jayrosen_nyu I always liked "history on the run." nieman.harvard.edu/reports/articl… 3 hours ago