Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 900,619 hits
- RT @BobNewhart: @DonRickles Thanks 4 ur concern re: our 10 grandkid's education. Bc of my success, they're provided for-unless they want … 5 hours ago
- "Country music and company kinda makes it/On a Sunday afternoon." 9 hours ago
- RT @chronicle: A look at how language is being used in the latest Hamas-Israel conflict: chroni.cl/UEcGOk 9 hours ago
- RT @Fred_Willard: 5 questions with actor and comic #FredWillard ow.ly/zOxOz 10 hours ago
- RT @niemanstory: Annotation: John Jeremiah Sullivan and his classic @GQMagazine piece "Upon This Rock," by @elongreen goo.gl/rtEuzb 16 hours ago