Early, as in the early stages of something. Usually preceded by “it’s” or “it’s still.” Paul Gigot: “It’s early days. It’s still early days.” Arthur Laffer: “It is early days.” (Fox News Broadcast, April 13, 2009.)/”Still, it’s early days. I want [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie to rise to full truth-telling from half.” (Matt Miller, Washington Post, February 23, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 731,911 hits
- RT @riverheadbooks: Honored to share the Band of Thebes's Best LGBT Books of 2013, including “uplifting” DRAMA HIGH by @michaelsokolove!! h… 1 day ago
- Listening to @nprfreshair I only just realized that Ben Bradlee jr and James Reston jr are two separate people. 1 day ago
- Who is the author? MT @kconnormartin: So shocked I almost dropped my diereses: in-line emoji in the @NewYorker 😱 http://t.co/Wcysj4pjbm 1 day ago
- RT @silviakillings: "Don't you want to sit on the Amazon drone's lap?" nyr.kr/1k2dvXg http://t.co/0HX5ACN7Od 2 days ago
- Also available @christies is Dylan's Stratocaster from Newport '65 ow.ly/i/3TeW4 3 days ago