Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 824,165 hits
- RT @billclinton: Sending my best to Bob Dole as he visits all 105 counties in Kansas. An incredible tour for an incredible public servant. … 2 hours ago
- The trend of people listing things, and raising their voice an octave in each item: this-THIS, and this-THIS, and this-THIS. 5 hours ago
- RT @penguinpress: Basketball fans: join @UKCoachCalipari for a Q&A on @facebook today at 1pm! Ask about #PlayersFirst, @KentuckyMBB... http… 6 hours ago
- Yay @ruth_franklin ! 1 day ago
- Loving the distinction between (e.g.) "said Minnesota senator Al Franken" and "said Senator Al Franken" @APStylebook @guardianstyle 1 day ago