Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 821,930 hits
- RT @BGruetzmacher: When I Was a Boy of Fourteen, My Father Was So Ignorant...... quoteinvestigator.com/2010/10/10/twa… 16 hours ago
- I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶r̶b̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶r̶b̶ ̶M̶E̶?̶@Shteyngart 2 days ago
- Listening to "It Amazes Me" on repeat shuffle on Spotify. It amazes me how great that Coleman-Leigh song is. Plus, "I Walk a Little Faster." 2 days ago
- Behold @mariayagoda on the Muff'N'Joe (coffee-blended muffin, natch): insatiable-critic.com/Article.aspx?i… 2 days ago
- Just got an e-mail from a student asking if someone's major (e.g chemistry) and year (sophomore) are capitalized in @APStylebook #FTW 2 days ago