Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 733,234 hits
- One is "What's So Funny" MT @petersagal: both of Nick [Lowe's]'s live songs will be posted on Monday @WaitWait. Worth the wait [, wait] 2 hours ago
- RT @jessesheidlower: Great Anne Curzan analysis of the gender-neutral "freshman" problem + discussion of non-condemnatory "prescriptivist" … 3 hours ago
- RT @heidilande: The 'freshperson' problem: Anne Curzan says we need a nonsexist word for 1st-years #linguafranca shar.es/DDZ7a via… 23 hours ago
- RT @fmanjoo: Just donated to Wikipedia. It's a service I use more than most other things I pay for. Donating is super fast and easy. What's… 1 day ago
- RT @mariayagoda: dedicated to all my slow readers out there: this is my list of the top five books from 2012 or 2013 wp.me/p2tpzE-oZ 1 day ago