Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 899,630 hits
- Huzzah! @JamesWolcott wins Pen Award for all the great stuff he has penned washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-bl… 6 hours ago
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan, Lena Dunham as ???? insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/30/all… 6 hours ago
- RT @BBBaumgartner: The absolute joy from the fans in Dodger Stadium last night upon hearing that Vin Scully will return: priceless. Best in… 7 hours ago
- Sondheim, in acknowledgments to "Finishing the Hat," thanks Anna Quindlen for telling him, "Punctuation is everything." 8 hours ago
- "songs which either commented on the action … or *were* the action, like 'Barcelona,'--but never *part* of the action."--S. Sondheim (2/2) 9 hours ago