Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 794,250 hits
- Attn @jessesheidlower @StevenLevy @bgzimmer RT @elements: A short history of "hack," by @byagoda newyorker.com/online/blogs/e… 15 hours ago
- Strikeout-based typographical humor is the best humor. 20 hours ago
- Note to self: try to work word "lest" into active vocabulary. 21 hours ago
- < one month to go till Adam Begley's "Updike" #psyched 1 day ago
- RT @publicroad: I'm so hip I often wear TWO monocles, attached with a small piece of plastic and held onto my face with matching earpieces. 1 day ago