Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 923,620 hits
- RT @QuoteResearch: Quote: Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded. Yogi Berra? Suzanne Ridgeway? Anon? quoteinvestigator.com/2014/08/29/too… 3 hours ago
- RT @NewYorker: Calvin Trillin’s 1989 story on the strange genius of Penn and Teller: nyr.kr/Z0UMaY #TNYarchive 3 hours ago
- RT @James_Kpatrick: These two books contain the sum total of all human knowledge http://t.co/MF8ME8tJOM 8 hours ago
- Why does it seem like Wozniacki is playing the Wicked Witch of the West? 1 day ago
- "Bob's Your Uncle" seems to be part of a 1931 song title--six years earlier than first @OED cite @kconnormartin books.google.com/books?id=UUrQA… 1 day ago