Adj. Custom-made. Traditionally, in reference to men’s clothing, especially suits; now more commonly metaphorical. “Until recently, folks looking to buy themselves a Bentley Arnage had a difficult choice: the Red Label or the Green Label. Either way, they got acres of premium hides, hand-polished hardwoods, a ”bespoke audio system,’ … (New York Times, January 28, 2001)/”The company is currently developing its own bespoke website which will go live when the Amazon deal ends in 2013.” (Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2011) Google Ngram.
Top Posts & Pages
- 947,846 hits
- Asking for a friend. In NYC, does anyone know of any interesting/moving/unusual makeshift street or roadside memorials to the deceased? 17 hours ago
- Footnote to @npratc piece on Neville Chamberlain's umbrella: the false etymology of "bumbershoot" as a Britishism slate.com/articles/life/… 19 hours ago
- How can Oakland be playing KC? Oakland *is* KC. 1 day ago
- RT @heidilande: For what feels like decades, @byagoda has been reading 'Goldfinch.' Are books too long? #linguafranca http://t.co/PdwdRtGud… 1 day ago
- Set your radio dial! The great @martystuarthq is going to be on @nprfreshair tomorrow, hopefully w/ the Fabulous Superlatives. 1 day ago